Legal wrangling has become the ultimate reality show and high-profile litigation means winning in the court of public opinion is just as important as winning in court. Litigants are increasingly utilizing the power of the media to not only protect their reputation but also put pressure on the other side to settle. In the medical arena, disgruntled patients, beaurocrats and even medical professionals are harnessing the power of the public through the media to achieve their aims.
Media Masters is the solution. We will work to help strategize a media plan designed to dovetail with a client's litigation plan or reputation branding efforts.
Media Masters litigation communication services include:
Researching the history and perspective of an issue and the client's vulnerabilities to anticipate journalist questions or whistle-blower stories.
- Protecting and defending a client's reputation in support of a legal strategy. Reaching a client's key audiences. Knowing if, when and how to contact the news media to protect client interests.
- Developing a client's news interview skills.
- Developing talking points for a client to utilize in support of the legal and media strategy.
- Creating press releases for distribution to media outlets.
- Ensuring the legal team stays in compliance with State Bar rules for Professional Conduct.
- Design and development of online pressrooms to provide journalists with a resource for information regarding the issue.
- Identification of sympathetic experts for interview by the media regarding the legal issues.
- The creation of videos for distribution across online platforms that help explain a client's side of the story.